The project focuses on ensuring a well-being learning environment in adult education. Well-being of learners, teachers and training managers is the basis for effective teaching and learning.
In many occasions the formal and non-formal evaluation of the training courses for adults has reported that adult trainees often feel extremely stressed and overwhelmed by the challenges of their professional and personal lives. In order to be motivated, the adult learner has to be trained in a learning environment that will enable him/her to implement the training paths in a state of well-being.
On the other hand, the wellbeing of the adult trainee passes through the right teaching approach, the wellbeing of the trainers themselves and their skills to create a «wellbeing learning environment».
An important role, within this framework, is also played by the adult education institutions, who have the responsibility to provide the proper organisational aspects (in terms of physical structures for the implementation of the courses, and the provision of training material and administrative/bureaucratic organization).
Our project is proposed in order to facilitate development and validation of «wellbeing learning environment» in adult staff and learners as we perceive wellbeing to be the foundation for effective teaching and learning and utilizing one’s potential.
The work plan of the project includes seven work packages:
- WP 0: Management and coordination within the partnership – project coordinator is Estonian Non-formal Adult Education Association.
- WP 1: Analysis on Well-being needs in adult education and previous Wellness project (2012-2014) results.
- WP 2: Creation of a draft map of key elements for “well-being learning environment” + pilot version of training tools.
- WP 3: Testing: preparation and piloting of training course for trainers.
- WP 4: Refinement: creating final versions of training tools and map of key elements for “wellbeing learning environment”.
- WP 5: Protocol for certification of competencies containing the procedures, learning approaches, training tools and physical/logistic aspects of the learning environment.
- WP 6: Dissemination and promotion of the Protocol and other materials at institutional level incl the final conference.
- WP 7: Quality assurance.
- WP 8: Evaluation.
- Analysis of Wellbeing needs in adult education based on focus group interviews, best practices collections and materials of previous project (2012-2014).
- Map of key elements for “wellbeing learning environment”.
- Training tools for trainers and others, who are involved to assurance of wellbeing learning environment in adult education.
- International pilot training and national trainings for adult educators.
- The Protocol as the basic document to follow to validate these environments and certify them as «wellbeing learning environments».
This project will be beneficial for all organisations involved in the consortium as well for their networks, stakeholders and end users to which the project outputs will be disseminated and easily accessible.